Sewer and Drain Cleaning Tips from a Plumber in San Juan Capistrano
Looking for a plumber in San Juan Capistrano is certainly no easy task. You’ve got numerous choices, so how do you know which one is the best? Look for one who knows their stuff and can give you tips to help you keep your pipes, drains, and sewers functioning at optimum capacity. Here are some tips every homeowner can use:
- 1. Fill up your kitchen sink with hot water regularly and then just let it drain. This causes the hot water to actually fill up the pipe rather than just trickle down to the bottom of the line. It also pushes along smaller bits of debris so that they go out to the main line rather than collect in your sink drain. Just keep in mind that this probably won’t work with large blockages, so you need to do it regularly in order to prevent those large blockages.
- 2. Use a drain strainer over the shower drain or anywhere else that hair could get down the drain. Hair is one of the leading causes of major blockages, so the best solution is simple prevention of the problem. A strainer will allow you to pick up the hair before it ends up in your pipes.
- 3. Put orange or lemon peels or ice cubes in your garbage disposal and run it for about half a minute to get rid of foul odors coming from the disposal. You may just want to do this about once a month to prevent odors and also keep blockages from occurring.
- 4. Have a plumber create a regular maintenance plan for you to follow so that you can prevent other serious problems like tree roots growing into your main line. There is certainly no need to wait until there is a problem if you know that these serious issues crop up regularly.
- 5. Avoid using harsh chemicals in your drains as a way to get rid of major blockages. These chemicals are certainly not good for you or for the environment, and there are better ways of clearing them out. Call a professional plumber instead of using harmful chemicals, which can cause damage to your pipes or sewer lines.
- 6. Don’t just keep buying time with temporary fixes to your problems. The longer you put off having a processional clean out your drains or sewer lines, the worse the problem will be and the more expensive it will be to fix. And if you call before the problem gets worse, you will probably be able to avoid emergency service, which can be a bit pricier than standard plumbing service.
When in doubt, you should always call a professional plumber. It is far better to ask for help than to make matters worse because you aren’t entirely sure of what you should be doing. There is certainly no shame in making sure things are taking care of efficiently and correctly the first time.
Here’s why you should call Scott English Plumbing for all of your plumbing needs:
- • They have 24 hour emergency service.
- • They offer electronic leak detection.
- • They can detect and repair leaks in your slab foundation.
- • They offer drain and sewer cleaning services.
- • Video inspections of your drain or sewer are no problem!
- • Our estimates are prepared fairly before any work is done.
- • They honor our time commitments to the best of our ability.
- • Our work meets or exceeds the standards established in the local building codes.