Orange County Kitchen Repair
The Internet is literally flooded with various do-it-yourself tips on how to solve common problems encountered in the kitchen. Here is something that you must consider, unless you have the proper training and experience you can never guarantee that the problem was properly fixed.
Another thing to keep in mind is that professional plumbing services in Orange County provide guarantees and warranties to take away the headache caused by various kitchen problems. In the meantime, here are tips on how to troubleshoot common Orange County kitchen problems before calling in the experts.
Faucet Troubleshooting in Orange County
The faucet is one of the most used fixtures in the kitchen. It is used in preparing and washing the food as well as cleaning planes and utensils among others. Here are ways on how to solve problems involving faucets in your kitchen.
- 1. Identify the product. Even professionals will have a hard time if they cannot properly identify the product they are working with. Normally there are model numbers for the product as well as the brand that will give you the necessary information. In the absence of the original packaging, you can use the characteristics and appearance of the faucet. This is why it is good to take note of the kitchen fixtures you have installed.
- 2. Check the Source. There are as many different sources of the problem as the problem itself. Low pressure can be due to dirty aerator or clogged pipes. The best way to troubleshoot the source of the problem is to go with the installation manual or the maintenance guide. If your faucet did not come with these documents you can call on plumbing specialists like Scott English Plumbing and describe the problem with an expert.
- 3. Call in the Expert. Once the problem has been isolate, the plumbing technician can come by with the right parts and do the repair. Problem solved!
Problematic Garbage Disposal
When it comes to kitchen fixtures the garbage disposal is another common cause of problems. This is perhaps it deals with different types of waste materials including improper use by many homeowners. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve common issues with your Orange County garbage disposal unit.
- 1. Never put your hand down the drain of the disposal. Some people may find this funny and amusing because it takes mere common sense, but you will be surprised at the number of accidents attributed to the lack of this sense.
- 2. Find the reset button. Many problems encountered with garbage disposal units in Orange County have been solved by this small button normally located at the bottom panel of your unit. Wait for the button to pop out to make sure that the reset process has been completed. Test the unit if it is working.
- 3. Always unplug the unit. No matter what type of problem you are facing with your garbage disposal unit, make sure that the unit is always unplugged before doing anything else. If you cannot find the switch, turn off the circuit breaker at the service panel. You have reached this step because the reset procedure did not work so it is time to cut the electrical supply to the unit.
- 4. Check the manual. Take out the product manual and go to the troubleshooting section to verify the possible reasons causing the problem. Usually manufacturers will include suggestions on how to solve the commonly encountered problems.
- 5. Call in the Expert. Regardless whether the recommended steps from the manufacturer works or not you have to call in the expert. This is to ensure whether your garbage disposal unit is in good working condition or if you have to plan on replacing it.
Scott English Plumbing can help service, repair, and install kitchen fixtures to give you the peace of mind that your kitchen remains functional all the time.