What is Backflow Testing
Backflow testing is a process that is used to test your plumbing system to make sure that drinking water is not being contaminated by dirty water infiltrating the water supply.
The water in your home is usually kept at a standard pressure in order to allow the movement of water through your home from one area to another — for example, from shower, to toilet, to sink. If the pipes are subjected to an unexpected drop in pressure due to freezing, bursting, or an unusually high demand on the water supply, contaminated water from the ground or storage can enter the system.
Backflow can be prevented through the use of an air gap. Using an air gap means leaving an empty space between any place where water might collect and the implements that connect to your plumbing system, like valves and faucets.
Another way to prevent backflow is to use a backflow prevention device, such as a backflow preventer valve. A backflow preventer valve is installed at specific locations in your plumbing system where there is a risk of contaminated water entering your system.
Why You Need Backflow Testing
Backflow prevention devices are a big help, but they can fail. This is why it is important to have your backflow tested yearly. Backflow testing is an important part of your home’s maintenance routine, because it makes sure that the water that you and your family are drinking is safe and clean.
When you need backflow testing, contact Scott English Plumbing. They will come out to your home and perform an inspection and backflow testing to make sure that all the water in your home is running in the right direction. They want your drinking water to be safe and sanitary.
Scott English Plumbing is available for many other plumbing services that you might need, as well. Their services include the following:
- • Leak detection: If you have a water leak in your home and you can’t find the source, Scott English Plumbing will locate the problem and fix it for you.
- • Slab leak repair: If your home’s slab is leaking, they will find and fix it before the problem spreads.
- • Sewer and drain cleaning: If you have a clogged drain or your sewer is backing up, Scott English Plumbing trucks will come to your home with their specialized equipment and get your drains flowing again.
- • Plumbing inspections: Before you purchase a home or commercial property, call for a professional plumbing inspection.
- • Video inspection: Our video inspection service can show you exactly where the problem in your plumbing system is coming from.
- • Water heaters: We can remove your old water heater and replace it with a new one, even a tankless water heater.
- • Kitchen and bathroom remodeling: Scott English Plumbing can install your toilets, faucets, tubs, and showers.
- • Garbage disposals: Clogged garbage disposals will be returned to working order.
- • Water softeners and filters: We can install your water softener or filter so that your water smells, tastes, and feels great.
Best of all, Scott English Plumbing provides round the clock emergency service. If your pipe bursts in the middle of the night, call Scott English Plumbing and they will be out to your home right away to repair it. They have been in business for more than 19 years, and they are proud to offer high quality service for reasonable prices. Whatever your plumbing issue may be, Scott English Plumbing will be glad to resolve the issue for you.