The Pros and Cons of Hydro-Jetting
Hydro-jetting (AKA high pressure water jetting) from Scott English Plumbing, Inc. is a fast and reliable way to clear stubborn drain clogs and obstructions. However, it is not without its drawbacks. Let’s explore the pros and cons of high pressure water jet cleaning for drain lines.
What is Hydro-Jetting?
Before we dive too deeply into the pros and cons of high pressure water jetting, we should probably explain exactly what it is. High pressure water jetting (hydro-jetting) is a method of cleaning drain and sewer lines of stubborn clogs and obstructions using highly-pressurized water. In fact, you could easily compare hydro-jetting tools to the pressure washers you can rent/purchase at your local hardware store. Both tools use pressurized streams of water to clean messes. However, hydro-jetting uses water that is under much, much higher pressures. Since water practically doesn’t compress under pressure in atmosphere (it actually will, but not at pressures used by hydro-jetting machines), the increased pressure used by hydro-jetting machines directly translates into much more cleaning power.
The Pros of Hydro-Jetting
Hydro-jetting comes with several benefits. Some of the pros of hydro-jetting include:
- Hydro-jetting clears stubborn clogs with just water
- It can also cut through tree roots that have invaded your sewer line
- Hydro-jetting can be done to both commercial and residential drain lines
- Hydro-jetting is environmentally safe and green
- High pressure water jetting services will clear the entire drain line rather than just a small section of it (rooter services will only clear an opening as large as the diameter of the rooter augur)
The Cons of Hydro-Jetting
However, just because hydro-jetting is a beneficial service, that doesn’t mean that it is completely without fault. Some of the cons of high pressure water jetting include:
- Hydro-jetting can be too much for older and weaker pipelines to handle
- It can’t help clear drain lines that have been obstructed by serious damage like a bellied line
- Hydro-jetting can be less effective at removing extra serious drain obstructions than rooter or auger drain cleaning services
Contact Us for Hydro Jetting Services Today!
Well, there you have it; the pros and cons of high pressure water jetting (hydro-jetting) services. If you would like to learn more about hydro-jetting, or if you’d just like to schedule a drain line inspection to see if you could benefit from the service, then please do not hesitate to contact the plumbing professionals here at Scott English Plumbing, Inc. We’re always standing by to help you with any and all your drainage problems!