Signs of a Plumbing Leak
Do you think you have a plumbing leak?
Some plumbing issues can be harder to diagnose than others, for instance if your water heater stops working or your toilet is clogged, it is clear, but leaks can be difficult to detect and resolve.
Leaks can be problematic because they can develop in places where you may not be able to see the leak, such as the walls, floor, and ceilings. Therefore, by the time you do notice them, they may have caused severe damage already. Fortunately, there are a few common warning signs of water leaks that you may want to pay attention to, to avoid damage to your home.
If you notice any of these signs, contact Scott English Plumbing to detect the leak and repair it right away.
- Increase In Your Water Bill: Have you noticed that your water bill is substantially larger this month than what you paid in the same month the previous year? This could indicate that there is a leak somewhere in your home. It is always good to compare to the previous year of the same month to ensure it has not spiked due to seasonal change.
- Water Meter Continuously Running: If you notice that your water meter is constantly running even when you are not using water in your home, this is another indication that there may be a leakage in your home.
- Mold And Mildew: Are you noticing a musty smell around your home regardless of how clean it is? This could be mold or mildew that has grown due to the dampness of a leak. This can be dangerous to you and your family; therefore, it should be looked at right away.
- Foundation Cracks: Small cracks in your home are common due to your home settling over time. However, if you start to notice foundation cracks developing suddenly, this may be an indication that you have a leak. Water can weaken a home’s structure, therefore causing cracks in your walls and foundations.
- Wet Spots: Are you noticing wet spots or discoloration in a wall, floor or ceiling? Paying attention to spots and inspecting areas near fixtures such as sinks, faucets and toilets for wet spots is important to determine if you have a leaking pipe.
At Scott English Plumbing, we offer 24/7 emergency service for all of your plumbing needs.
Low Interest Financing Available
Are you in need of a repair, but temporarily furloughed or unable to work?
We have low rate financing options available to help with your needs.