Sewer Drain Cleaning Options in Anaheim
Your sewer drain has to be cleaned out once in a while. Otherwise, it can clogged up with debris or tree roots. If that happens, sewage can start backing up into your house. Obviously, nobody wants that to happen. That’s why it is important to have your sewer drain cleaned out. There are two main sewer drain cleaning options in Anaheim: hydro jetting or snaking. Scott English Plumbing offers both hydro jetting services and snaking services. We will come to your home, assess the plumbing situation, and make a recommendation as to the best method of sewer drain cleaning for you. To learn more about these options, check out this guide to sewer drain cleaning options in Anaheim.
Hydro jetting is a drain cleaning method that employs the use of a special tool, the hydro jet. This tool has jets of water that spray at very high pressure to eliminate clogs and debris from your sewer drain lines. It works a lot like a power washer, which you might use to clean your siding or patio. It is made up of a hose, a nozzle, and a big tank of water. There is also a motor that supplies pressure to the stream of water. A hydro jet can spray anywhere from 3,000 to 8,000 PSI with a flow rate of 18 gpm. This intense pressure is highly effective in blasting clogs out of your drains. In fact, hydro jets can clean out a wide variety of drain sizes, including anything from 1 ½ to 18 inches in diameter and up to 700 feet long. The spray of a hydro jet can eliminate built up debris and even tree roots from your sewer drain.
Advantages of Hydro Jets
- 1. Hydro jetting is extremely effective. The high-pressured spray of a hydro jet is capable of eliminating clogs as well as clearing out built up debris. Even tree roots that have grown into the sewer line are no match for a hydro jet.
- 2. Hydro jetting appropriate for most types of sewer drains, including both residential and commercial lines.
Disadvantages of Hydro Jets
- 1. Older pipes or damaged pipes may not be appropriate for hydro jetting. The spray of a hydro jet is so strong that damaged or old pipes may not be able to withstand the pressure.
- 2. Hydro jetting is not a DIY project. If you are interested in hydro jetting, contact a professional plumber.
Snaking is a drain cleaning option that involves the use of an auger to remove debris from pipes. An auger is a steel cable that has a corkscrew on one end. The auger is inserted into the sewer line, and the corkscrew end pushes through clogs and clumps of debris in the drain. As the auger passes through the drain, it breaks up clogs and creates an open path for waste to empty through the drain.
Advantages of Snaking
- 1. Snaking is a reliable drain cleaning method that has been used to clean pipes for many years.
- 2. Snaking is generally considered to be safe for any type of pipes, including older or damaged pipes.
Disadvantages of Snaking
- 1. Snaking is a temporary solution. It clears a path through the drain, but it doesn’t remove all debris from the drain.
If your sewer drain needs cleaning, call Scott English Plumbing. We will come out and take a look at your sewer line and help you choose the best sewer drain cleaning option in Anaheim. Call Scott English Plumbing to schedule a service call today.