Orange County Plumbing – Tips on How to Choose a Plumber
How To Choose a Plumber in Orange County
Orange County residents will likely find, at some point, that they need the services of a plumber. However, when you find yourself in the midst of a plumbing emergency, that isn’t the best time to make an informed choice about hiring a plumber. You are more likely in that situation to call anyone you can find out of desperation.
So the first step in hiring a quality, reliable plumber is to do the research and make a decision now – before you encounter an emergency. It can be tough to determine whether a contractor is someone you can trust who will provide quality work. Use these tips for consumers on how to choose a plumber to help you get started.
- 1. You should always ask to see the plumber’s license. All plumbers and other contractors are required to be licensed by the state. Don’t be afraid to ask for their license number or ask to see their license. This gives you some security in knowing that you are dealing with a legitimate contractor.
- 2. You should also ask the plumber for proof of insurance. Any contractor that you hire should carry general liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance. This protects both you and the contractor. If the plumber or one of his employees is injured while working at your home, you need to be confident that person is protected by workers’ compensation insurance. Also, if you or a family member is injured as a result by faulty work on the part of the plumber, you want to be covered by general liability insurance.
- 3. Get some information on the stability of the business. How long has the plumber been in business? How long has he been operating out of his present location? If you find that the plumber you are considering hiring has been operating out of his parents’ basement for six months, you may want to keep looking. However, a company that has been working in Orange County for 15 years will give you more faith in their stability.
- 4. Ask about their rates. Different plumbers charge customers in different ways. For example, you might be charged an hourly rate, a flat rate, or a time and material fee. It is important to know how you are being charged in order to fairly compare services from one contractor to another. Consider what you are getting for that price. How many fixtures are you getting? What is the quality of those fixtures? Make sure that a lower price doesn’t mean lower quality.
- 5. Check with the Better Business Bureau. You can find out whether complaints have been filed against the plumber by checking with the Better Business Bureau.
- 6. Does the plumber guarantee his work? A reputable plumber will guarantee his services for a period of time after the work is completed. That lets you know that the plumber is honest and stands by his work.
- 7. Use online reviews and testimonials to help you choose. You really can’t know what kind of service a plumber provides until you have completed a repair with him. Use this to your advantage by reading reviews and testimonials from past customers. This will give you some insight on the day to day services provided by the plumber you are considering.
If you are looking for an Orange County plumbing contractor, call Scott English Plumbing. We have been working for residents in Orange County for over 15 years, and we have a solid reputation of quality service as a result.