How to Find the Best Orange County Plumber
A plumber is a service professional that we hope not to have to use very often. But if you need an Orange County plumber, how do you go about choosing one? These tips will get you on track to find the best Orange County plumber.
- 1. Timing is key. It is always best to choose a plumber to have on standby before you have a problem. If you wait until a problem comes up, you will be scrambling at the last minute to get any available plumber out to your home quickly. So do your homework, and select a plumber before you encounter a problem.
- 2. Ask a trusted friend or family member for a recommendation. Word of mouth is a valuable tool. A friend who has used a plumber recently will be able to share that experience with you, including the good parts and the bad. So ask your friends if they have a used a plumber that they would recommend. If they have had a good experience with a plumber, you will probably have a good experience, too.
- 3. Ask a contractor or builder for advice. Contractors and builders are the people who work with plumbers all the time. They will know who they have personally had a good experience with, and they will know who has a good reputation in your area. Asking your local contractor for advice on choosing a plumber is a great tool for getting the best work in the area.
- 4. Ask your realtor. Realtors often advise their clients on choosing subcontractors when they purchase a home, so your realtor may be quite knowledgeable about the best plumbers in your area. Realtors always aim to build relationships with their customers to invite repeat business, so they will be happy to help you.
- 5. Verify that your plumber is licensed. You can often get the plumber’s licensure information from their business website. If not, call and ask for the license number.
- 6. Make sure that the plumber you choose is bonded and insured. This gives you the reassurance that the plumber will both start and finish properly the work that you pay him to do. The last thing you want is for a plumber to tear apart your bathroom and never return to complete the work. The plumber’s insurance will cover him in the event that he is injured while working on your home. This removes the concern of your being responsible for his injuries or medical care.
- 7. Get an estimate before the plumber starts work. Nobody likes to see surprise charges on their bill. While the plumber can’t always predict exactly what the costs will be since they don’t know what they’ll find, they can usually give a reasonable estimate. If there is some question of what problems might be found behind walls or ceilings, ask for an estimate based on the worst case scenario. That way, you are at least prepared for what might happen.
- 8. Consider whether the plumber guarantees his work. Most plumbers will guarantee their service for a certain period of time. If not, you should move on and choose someone who is more confident in their repairs.
If you need an Orange County plumber, call Scott English Plumbing. They have been in business for more than 15 years, and they have a great reputation in the community. Scott English Plumbing is licensed and insured, and they abide by a strict Code of Ethics. They are also familiar with Orange County building codes, and are careful to adhere to all local regulations. Their estimates are always clear and fair, so that you get excellent quality service at a reasonable price. Contact Scott English Plumbing for your home plumbing care.