How Effective is Hydro Jetting?
Have you ever heard about hydro jetting? Do you even have the faintest idea what it is all about? For those who are not so clear with this plumbing process, here is your chance to see how it works and how you can use it to your advantage. Let’s see how effective this process is and if it is worth the price to pay.
How Does Hydro Jetting Work
This process makes use of a specialized nozzle connected to a high pressure hose and machine to produce powerful streams of water used to clear drains. The water is forcefully sprayed down the drain to push mineral, hair, grease, and other buildups that have caused a blockage in the drain. Normally video inspection of the line carried out before using hydro jetting.
In layman’s terms, hydro jetting is similar to power washing to clean dirty and clogged pipes. It uses streams that are as strong as 60,000 PSI to dislodge and carry away the debris. Normally the hydro jetting machine can be set to various PSI levels.
Hydro jetting has proven to be significantly effective in residential housing by removing silt within home plumbing pipes. This is a good alternative to manual cleaning using a plumbing snake. It also takes up less time with better results.
Hydro Jetting Cost
With such a good result, will hydro jetting burn a hole in your pocket? How much should hydro jetting cost? Is the price you pay worth it? There will come a time when the accumulation of dirt in your pipes becomes too difficult to manually remove, this means that hydro jetting can be your best option.
Hydro jetting presents an affordable and non-invasive solution for many homeowners. You can get rid of foul odor coming from your drains by having it cleaned.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Hydro Jetting
How do you justify such cost and how do you know if it is worth it? The best way to do that is to look at the advantages of hydro jetting and weigh it against the disadvantages. So what are the benefits of hydro jetting?
- Cleaning and unclogging – this process not just cleans the pipes, it unclogs it too. This means that it does not matter if you are dealing with dirt, soap, fats, and whatever sludge there is, it can effectively restore the flow using highly pressurized water.
- Consistent – accuracy and consistency in cleaning is something that is difficult to match with this system. As the pressurized water stream passes through the pipes, it creates a spinning movement from multiple angles to scrape even the most stubborn dirt from the inner linings of the pipes without damaging it.
- Efficiently powerful –there are definitely many other drain cleaning methods, but, few can match the ability of hydro jetting to penetrate deeply into the plumbing system. It is likewise one of the few plumbing solutions that can deal with virtually almost all types of clogging in the pipes without significant damage.
- Bacteria removal – the water streams are so powerful that they can effectively remove not only the scum buildup in the pipes, but also the bacteria growth that has developed. All this by simply using water.
- Safe and economical –hydro jetting can reduce the need to clean up sewer lines by as much as 4 times as it would take when cleaning with a mechanical snake. The reduced need for service combined with the use of mostly water only, means that you save money and you help to protect the environment as well. With conventional drain cleaning, it should normally be done twice a year, but with this procedure, it may take several years before you have to do it again.
Hydro jetting also has its own sets of drawbacks even if it is extremely desirable for many. Let’s take a look at some of the disadvantages:
- Water consumption – because it relies mostly on the use of powerful water streams, using it for a long period can result in significant water consumption. This is why it is important to ensure that professional plumbers are chosen to do the job to conserve water.
- Training – you can use any hydro jetting equipment by yourself, but, without proper training, you can use up more water than necessary and possibly even cause damage.
If you appreciate the effectiveness of hydro jetting, then make sure that you get a trained professional to do the job for you. Scott English Plumbing can provide you with all the plumbing services that you need.