The Do’s & Don’ts For Your Plumbing System
Here at Scott English Plumbing, we know that being a property owner takes a lot of work. It can be hard to remember all the things you are supposed to do, or what you are not supposed to do. Our local plumbers have provided a list of the common things that you should not do, if you want to avoid having to call for plumbing repairs or plumbing replacement. Take a look at these tips from our master plumbers!
Kitchen Sink Drains
- Put as much food and grease as possible in the trash can.
- Absorb excess grease with a paper towel and dispose of it in the trash can before washing your dishes.
- When using the disposal, run water while only allowing small bits of food debris down at a time.
- No fats, oil, or grease of any kind down the drain, even with hot water. Small 2” drain lines easily get clogged as grease clings to the inner lining of the pipes.
- Do Not put large amounts of food down the disposal.
- Do Not put fibrous foods such as celery, onions or any peelings.
- Do Not put any starchy foods such as Rice or Pasta
- Do Not flush wipes, even if they say flushable. Old cast iron pipes can’t carry them, the pipes are too rough on the inside.
- Do Not flush feminine products of any kind.
- Do Not flush any foreign objects.
- Wait to fix things. It can result in bigger problems and expenses when things become totally broken and you can no longer wait!
- Be proactive. Report and fix issues when they first start to occur, before the problem begins to cause damage.
- Maintain and replace older fixtures before they break to help prevent property damage.
- Call Scott English Plumbing for help with your kitchen or bathroom plumbing.
Call Scott English For Plumbing Help!
If you have done something that is on the don’t list, it’s okay! The Scott English Plumbing team can come out and do a plumbing inspection and assess the health of your plumbing. Call us now for expert service!