Bringing Green Plumbing into Your Home
Many homeowners are trying to make their habits greener these days as the world becomes more environmentally conscious. But did you know that you could green your plumbing as well? Plumbers are educating homeowners about green plumbing possibilities right now. There are several things you can do to make your plumbing more environmentally friendly. Here are just a few of them.
- • Have a plumber install low flow shower heads. This will help reduce the amount of water you use while showering. These shower heads are also known as energy efficient shower heads. They actually lower your electric bill as well as your water bill because they reduce the amount of energy that is required to heat the water. If you are using less water, then your home doesn’t need to heat as much water. Thus, you’re saving energy as well as water.
- • Ask your plumber to install low flow toilets. This type of toilet uses less water on each flush compared to traditional toilets. They use about 1.6 gallons of water to flush waste down, while old toilets can use more than twice that amount. On average, toilets use up about 26 percent of all the water that is used throughout your home, so you will save thousands of gallons every single year just by replacing your old toilets with new low flow toilets.
- • Have faucet aerators installed. Many homeowners don’t know what an aerator is, but it is designed to take the flow of water and break it down into smaller drops. This makes it possible to reduce the amount of water you are using while still effectively cleaning your hands, dishes, or anything else you wash in the sink.
- • When replacing your washer, look for a high energy efficient model. On average, laundry actually uses up about 22 percent of the water you use in your home. So by opting for a front loading washing machine, you can drastically reduce the amount of water you use.
- • Have regular plumbing checkups to ensure that your home’s plumbing is in good working order. Leaks can use up a lot more water than you are even aware of, so even if a leaking faucet doesn’t seem like a big deal, it really is. In some cases, leaks can use up about 14 percent of the water your home uses. Just think about that for a minute. You have the potential to immediately reduce the amount of water you use simply by having those basic leaks repaired right away.
Greening your plumbing has many benefits. You’ll not only use less water in your home, but you’ll also see your water bill drop. So every homeowner can benefit greatly from taking steps to green their home’s plumbing. And as you can see, it’s easy to make your plumbing greener. These non-invasive items are something any homeowner can have done easily, and when you hire a plumber to take care of them, it’s easy to get it done.
Let the experts at Scott English Plumbing help you incorporate green plumbing into your home. We offer 24 hour emergency service, water heater installation, maintenance, and repair, sewer and drain cleaning, slab leak detection and repair, kitchen and bathroom plumbing renovations, video inspections, backflow testing, and more. Our plumbers work on low, flat rates, so you don’t have to worry about being overcharged for the work on your home. We go above and beyond the industry standards when we handle plumbing repairs. Call Scott English Plumbing today to find out what excellent plumbing service is all about.(714) 987-9801CALL NOW