Looking for a plumber in the Tustin area is something most people don’t want to do, but it is one that must be done. Everyone needs a plumber sometimes, so it is far better to have a list of quality possibilities before the need actually arises. In addition, there are several things you can be doing regularly in order to put off the need for a plumber for as long as possible. Regular maintenance on your plumbing system can be done in each season of the year. Here are some summer plumbing tips to help you keep your system in good working order:
- • In the bathroom, look at the base of the toilet and make sure there are no signs of water damage. Rock back and forth around the toilet to see if the floor is getting soft underneath it. A soft floor around the toilet indicates a leak that you can’t see.
- • Check the water pressure in all major sinks and faucets throughout the house. If it seems like the pressure has gotten a lot lower recently, then there is a chance that you might need your home to be re-piped. Mineral or calcium deposits in your pipes can cause low water pressure.
- • Inspect all of the exposed pipes in the basement. Leaks will be apparent in these areas.
- • Keep the main line cleanout accessible so that you (or a plumber) can access it at a moment’s notice. This is one of the most important parts of the plumbing system, so you want it to be easily accessible.
- • Look at the date on the water heater. The serial number of the appliance will give you clues about how old it is. The first four numbers of it indicate the month and then the year of the appliance. If it’s more than 15 years old, then it isn’t a bad idea to replace it. Not only will you be able to dodge the bullet of the appliance going out completely, but you will also be able to start saving money on your electric bill. Newer appliances made with more modern technology run much more efficiently than the appliances that were made 15 or more years ago.
- • Look for rust on the water heater because this can be another sign that it needs to be replaced.
- • Do a quick check on some of the most important connections in your home, like those for the dishwasher and the garbage disposal.
- • Use a flashlight to look inside lower cabinets for signs of leakage or mold or mildew problems, which indicate moisture problems with the pipes, even if they aren’t actually leaking.
- • Look for ruptures in the hoses for the washing machine. Also check the valves by turning them on and off so that you can see leaks if they are there.
You may find it helpful to have a professional help you create a maintenance plan so that you can keep all of these chores in mind on an annual basis. If you let regular maintenance slide by for too long, you could find yourself with a serious problem on your hands. So check out the services provided by each plumber in Tustinand decide who you would like to help with your regular maintenance.
The services provided by Scott English Plumbing include:
- • 24 hour emergency service
- • Electronic leak detection
- • Water heaters
- • Faucet and toilet problems or installations
- • Shower and bathtub problems or installations
- • Garbage disposal service
- • Water softeners and filters
- • Backflow testing
- • Re-piping
- • Plumbing inspections